With the hot weather upon us this week, we wanted to share some quick tips for working outside when the temperatures are high. This tips will help keep you safe and can even save your life!
- It can take your body a whole week to acclimate to the temperature change. Be extremely careful when returning from vacation, or when an early season heat wave presents itself.
- Schedule heavy work tasks early before the hot temperatures of the afternoon.
- HYDRATE-HYDRATE-HYDRATE, when working in the heat we should be drinking 5-7 ounces of water every 20 minutes. Drink plenty of water prior to and after working to help replenish the body.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Take frequent breaks in a cool/shaded area with plenty of ventilation to help the evaporation of sweat.
- Wear light colored loose fitting clothing that reflects sunlight, rather than absorbing it.
- Make sure to use sunscreen.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and avoid hot foods.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest, especially when dealing with multiple days of heat.
For more information on how IFS works to ensure our employees safety, contact Mike Schwaller at 636-680-2100
You might also like
- IFS Receives Outstanding Mechanical Installation Award
- Andrew Heider – MCA Scholarship Winner
- Incentives for property owners to install fire sprinklers
- Holiday Fire Safety