Title: Manager Fire Protection Division
Reports to: General Manager
Overview: Oversee operations of both Tenant Improvement and Construction Fire Protection; assist Plumbing TI/ Service manager in technical support of TI/ Service Fire protection operations and dispatching.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Manage staff and field operations with Fire protection Superintendent to accomplish safe, timely and profitable work results.
- Actively work to develop relationships with existing and prospective customers in our marketing area.
- Set individual and departmental sales, revenue, and margin goals in concert with sales manager, general manager and president and achieve same.
- Manage sales efforts of department staff and be involved as required.
- Advise and consult with upper management to develop marketing and sales plans for the department.
- Recommend staffing changes to the General Manager, hires/fires and transfers
- Responsible for developing estimated costs of jobs bid/negotiated, pricing to be per price calculator or jointly determined with General Manager and/or President
- Development and manage technical support functions for CAD and BIM implementation
- Train personnel in code compliance and technical skills do perform design and estimating functions
- Procure and maintain trade licensing to support sales efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Maintain good working relationships with trade business agents related to the hiring/layoff process.
- Act as liaison with trade organizations and attend related events as required. Other duties as directed from time to time
- Maintain morale, discipline, productivity, safety and profitability within the department
- Ensure safety is a priority and safety policies are consistently implemented.
Required education and experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma and advanced (certificated) fire protection training
- Prefer ME in fire protection or NICET Level 3 certificate
- Minimum five years in estimating and fire protection project management with progressive responsibility
- OSHA 10 certificate
- Competency in CAD drawing and system design software
- Ability to set up Excel spreadsheets, use Microsoft Business software including Project or equivalent
- Possession of licenses or ability to qualify for and pass exams leading to licensing for fire protection