The American Red Cross is an excellent source for fire prevention tips for your home. “During the holiday season, an average of 40 home fires per day are caused by children playing. And candle fires are four times as likely to occur. That’s why these seven fire safety tips are so important to remember as you string up lights and gather with family and friends.” 
Here is their latest list of 7 Fire Safety Tips for Holiday Decorating and Entertaining:
1. Keep children, pets and decorations away from lit candles.
2. Check food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking.
3. Choose decorations and artificial trees that are flame resistant or flame retardant. Water real trees daily.
4. Never leave portable heaters or fireplaces unattended.
5. If hanging stocking on the fireplace, do not use the fireplace for fires.
6. Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot.
7. Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Do not connect more that 3 strands of lights together.
View the entire article and many more safety tip at  http://www.redcross.org/news/article/7-Fire-Safety-Tips-for-Holiday-Decorating-and-Entertaining
You might also like
- IFS Wins Safety Excellence Award
- IFS Opens Stainless Steel Fabrication Facility
- Hot Weather Safety Tips
- Andrew Heider – MCA Scholarship Winner