Job Title: Service Sales Engineer
Reports to: VP of Service
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide routine and technical support to service sales representatives, service technicians, and customers.
- Work closely with existing customers to understand business needs and recommend technical and innovative solutions.
- Actively work to develop relationships with prospective customers in our marketing area.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Perform conceptual HVAC system designs and produce sketches to aid in the estimating process and to accompany proposals when necessary
- Develop quotes/proposals with pricing and margins consistent with Integrated Facility Services, Inc.’s requirements
- Work with other engineers, designers, salesmen, and vendors to achieve solutions to problems
- Visit jobsites when necessary perform field surveys and to help field personnel resolve issues
- Oversee technical training programs for service staff
- Ensure safety is a priority and safety policies are consistently implemented.
Required Education and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- 5+ years of successful technical service, technical sales or field sales support experience
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and components
- High computer application literacy (including AutoCAD)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task